Sunday, October 21, 2007

Getting Feisty

 
 
 
 

Well, our little laid-back girl is starting to show her feisty side. Now and then when we feed her, she decides that she wants to hold the spoon. You can see from these pictures what a lovely mess that was. Needless to say, she got a bath that night. The last one looks as though she's assessing the situation. She's probably thinking, "I did good!!"

Then today my contacts were bothering me so I took them out and wore my glasses. Evie was interested in grabbing them and I (perhaps foolishly) decided to let her. We played a game of her taking them off, me saying "My glasses are off" then I'd put them back on "My glasses are on" back and forth a few times. Well, I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to make a total habit of this, so I started pulling my head back when she grabbed for the glasses. Oooh, boy, she had something to say about that! Tonight when I put her to bed I tried to do our usual "This little piggie" routine. Nope! She wanted those glasses and when I wouldn't let her have them she let me hear her thoughts.

My oh my, what have I gotten myself into!

**Pssst...but it's pretty fun seeing her feisty side come out. Don't tell her I said that, though.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

Ah, the joy of "independence". Grace is into pointing to herself and saying, "Gacie" if she wants to DO something or she wants to HAVE something. Fun, but frustrating at times. :)

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

What a fun and frustrating process. We are still very much in the middle of it as Katherine is screaming and refusing to nap at this very moment. I enjoy seeing our high chair being put to good use.

Elizabeth said...

Jen,
I think Evie is just precious. I think she is enjoying her food so much that one day when there is an ice storm and school is cancelled she will go out anyways with her friends for buffalo wings and a Dr. Pepper.