Friday, October 12, 2007

Laying the Laminate Floor

Well, after much labor, expense and frustration regarding leveling the living room floor, we have now laid the laminate! All told, it took from about 3:00pm Wednesday afternoon until midnight with just the last row laid the following morning. Whew! Chad came over and helped Richard out while I watched the girl. You'll see me make a couple of appearances. I was able to help more in earnest after we put Evie to bed. Here is a time-lapse of the process:

3 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I love it! I can't wait to see it in person. You did it a different way than we did so I bet Sam can't wait to compare notes. I loved the time lapse. You could tell when you took breaks and slowed down as you were tired. My favorite is the last frame.

Justin Wallraven said...

I think the part I'm most impressed with is that not once during the entire process did a single fist fight break out! ;) (Gladice and I aren't good at doing "projects" together)

Great job. The floor looks great!

Honeycutt Family said...

LOVE the time lapse and the floor looks GREAT! You guys make it look so easy. We hope to tackle our living room and dining room in the next year or so with hardwoods...are y'all for hire?!?!? :)
Jen