Friday, February 1, 2008

Har, Matey, Read Me a Book!

Well, as promised, here are pictures of Miss Evangeline with her patch and with her glasses. As you can see by the outfit, we just slapped a patch on her yesterday since we'd never taken a picture when she was actually required to wear them. She really got good about letting us put it on and take it off. She didn't really miss a beat.

As you can see, Evie is really getting into books lately. Yesterday I read her 3 books, then left her on the blanket with them while I cleaned in the kitchen (Hey, a 13-month-old who doesn't crawl does have its privileges, I admit it!). I kid you not, she kept herself entertained looking at those books for almost 45 minutes! I kept talking to her from the kitchen but she was mainly interested in those books. I'm wondering if the sudden interest is simply developmental or if it's because she can finally see the books well?? Either way, I was very happy for the time to clean and to see my little girl enjoying those books so much. One of her favorites is still her Frog Goes Ribbit book (I think I've mentioned it in a post before--it has a button you push to make the frog say "Ribbit.") Yesterday I set her in my lap and would set her hand on the button and push every time the book called for a "Ribbit, ribbit." Before long, every time I read, "The frog goes, 'Ribbit, ribbit!'" she would put her hand over the button herself. It was so fun!

 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Justin Wallraven said...

Those glasses are awesome! So cute!

Elizabeth said...

Evie is just precious!! What a sweet face. I wish I could just kiss her!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Those glasses make her look so much older, like a little girl instead of a baby. I love the shirt too. It was one of our favorites.

Gladice said...

She looks adorable! I love those glasses and the purple outfit is awesome!

Honeycutt Family said...

Evie is so stinkin' adorable!
And congrats on your 1st weekend away together a few weeks ago! WOO HOO! We have only done that once and it was GREAT!
Love,
Jen