Saturday, February 23, 2008

Playgroup Couples Night

I am in a playgroup that gets together twice a month. Recently we started having monthly dates where we bring our hubbies along. This month it was us, Janna & Wade, Megan & Michael, and Beth & Scott. We hired a babysitter for the kiddos and took the train downtown to go out to eat. As we got to the railstation we realized we had just missed the train, so we'd have to wait 20 minutes. It was very cold, so we went into the elevator and just waited there. I'm sure we looked funny, but at least we weren't as cold!

For dinner we went to Landry's (mainly because it was close to the station and we were too cold to keep walking around, but the food was great so it ended up being a great choice) It was SO FUN!! It was very nice to have an extended time to talk with adults. I got to hear all about how my friend Janna met her husband, hear about the wonders of a cruise (never been on one, but it sure sounds great!) and just talk and talk. I am very glad that we've incorporated this new event into our playgroup!

 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Justin Wallraven said...

I just wanted to pipe in and say that cruises absolutely rule! So fun, so relaxing, and very economical if you do it right.

Seriously, you guys have to go on one sometime. You'd enjoy the crap out of it, and Dave Ramsey would be proud!

Honeycutt Family said...

What a great idea about doing a playgroup COUPLES night! Matt always hears all about my girlfriends, but we don't make a point of trying to connect regularly as couples.
Love,
Jen