Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Very Happy Valentine's Day!

I think my sweet Hubsley gave me my favorite Valentine's Day gift ever this year. He told me the day before that he had something for me that he'd give me on Valentine's morning. This got me thinking, but I LOVE surprises so I didn't try too hard to guess what he had gotten me. The next morning, he wished me a Happy Valentine's Day and then excused himself to go get my surprise. He came back in with red roses and a card. In the card he had written a little poem and told me that his gift to me that day was HIM...unbeknownst to me, he had taken the day off from work so we could spend the whole day together.

If you've ever read the 5 Love Languages book, one of my top love languages is "Quality Time" so this gift was absolutely perfect!

We brainstormed what we wanted to do and ended up going to a nature preserve in Plano. It was a beautiful day so we hiked around for a while and we got to see several hawks. (We are both crazy about hawks!) There were 2 of them--we think they were mates--who were very cooperative with the camera.

 
 

We had a bit left on a gift card to REI so we looked around there for a while and ended up buying a picnic backpack that was on clearance. After that we headed back home and took Evie on a picnic at a local park. It was such a gorgeous day and so fun to spend the time outside!
 

Our friends, Gladice & Justin, had already offered to watch Evie that night so we took her to their house before heading to our favorite pizza place. It was a fun bonus to get to spend some time before and after dinner visiting with these sweet friends...Thanks, Gladice & Justin!!! :o)

What a fun day it was! I loved having a whole day with my best friend when I wasn't even expecting it. Thank you, sweet Richard! :o)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

What a sweet hubby and a wonderful surprise!
:)
Love,
Jen

Honeycutt Family said...

P.S. That pic of that hawk is AWESOME! When I read that you saw some hawks I thought you meant that they were flying up high in the sky, not that they were right there hanging out in a tree for you to check out! WOW!

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

What a great Valentine's gift, especially since he has had so much business travel lately.

Rich and Jen said...

I'm glad she didn't turn me down. I love all-day dates. :o)

--RAW