Saturday, August 25, 2007

8 months pics





Our little girl is 8 months old today! You are such a delight, sweet Evie! I love seeing your fun personality unfold. You are our precious gift from God. Your daddy and I are enjoying your recent "clicks." You seem to have made this up all by yourself. The technique you use is very interesting: you put your tongue somewhere around the roof of your mouth and and then click it down--POP!! You also have become quite the spitter! (See picture #3?) When I hear you talking in the morning (you don't wake up crying; I just hear you sucking your thumb or making little noises) I walk in, lean over the crib, and am greeted with a sweet excited smile, kicking legs, and then...spit!!!!spit!!! It's pretty funny. I think it's your way of saying, "Hi, Mommy!" It's less funny when you do it during mealtime. Mommy doesn't really enjoy having peas or squash flying at her. The thing is, you don't do it out of a dislike of the food. Spitting in Evie language means "happy." I still have to make my face deadpan rather than laugh so I won't encourage this food spitting behavior. You are also enjoying books more and more. I'm amazed that you seem to understand about turning pages and you do it pretty well for such a little girl. We love you, Little Girl!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

So cute! Katherine loved seeing E-e.