Since I've taught both Kindergarten and 4th grade, I'm a big believer in reading to kids. It's nice because Evie is starting to show some interest in her books now. Here's Richard reading to her before bedtime. This particular book is about a frog who says "Ribbet!" and it's got a little button you push that makes the sound. I like to help Evie find the button and push it. She gets a kick out of it. Whether she really knows she's the one causing the noise to happen by pushing the button is a mystery, but she is certainly very auditory! When Richard and I sing praise songs together, she is very responsive. If she's fussy, she settles down. If she's lying in my lap, she cranes her neck to see Richard playing the guitar. Sometimes you can just see the gears turning when he starts to play. Often she "sings" along. It's so fun, especially since Richard and I love music so much.
Saturday, May 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is so cute! It is great that you are starting to read to Evie at such an early age. Grace just LOVES books! Going to the library is one of her favorite things to do.
Yes, I can't wait til Evie is old enough to appreciate a trip to the library. So fun! :o)
Post a Comment