Thursday, May 31, 2007

This & That





In between storms I've been trying to take Evie swimming. Or at least take her outside some...I think we were about to go for a walk when I took the bottom picture. What a cool looking baby she is in her hat and sunglasses! Hee hee! **I have to interject here; Richard peered over my shoulder as I was working on this and said that Evie looks cute in the sunglasses picture but kind of creepy. He said she looks like Saul from Oceans 11 with his floppy hat and big sunglasses. Be careful, Buster--Evie might decide not to get you something for Father's Day if you don't behave!! :oP



Here is Evie's current favorite toy...it's a Lamaze brand dragonfly with a squeaker and that crinkle fabric that babies love. It goes with her in the carseat and it's funny because she often won't do much with it until we get going and then you'll hear "crinkle, crinkle, crinkle" coming from the backseat. She is just now getting to the point where she reaches out and grabs things that we give her and "plays" with them. This toy is called "Lula," short for "libelula" which is dragonfly in Spanish.

This evening Richard and I left Evie with Grandmama and we went to visit Kathy, Chad, and their new baby, Sarah. Sarah is a cutie and only weighs 6 lbs, 2 ounces! I remember people telling me when Evie was first born that they forgot how little babies are when they are born. Granted, Sarah is a small baby, but it's true--you really do forget that your little one was once about that size!

Later we went to Benihana's with Paul and Laura and their 2 boys to celebrate Paul's birthday. Yummy! The food was SO good! When we got home I was really hoping that Evie was awake still, but she was not. It's kind of neat: being around all these other kiddos really made me want to hang out with my own little kiddo.

3 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

That pic of her smiling with her hat and sunglasses is so stinkin' adorable! But, after Richard pointed it out about her looking like Saul from "Oceans", I can see what he means. She is still a cutie pie, though! :)

P.S. Han sent us pics from your hike together. So fun!

Rich and Jen said...

Hee hee! Yes, I have to admit he's right. I've been wanting to blog about that hike and keep getting behind. It was lots of fun. :o)

Jan Good said...

She looks wonderful and ready for action. I love that shot of her!
Grandmama