Saturday, May 26, 2007

We're Still Here!



It's been so long since I've posted that I thought I should let everyone know that we still exist around here! Richard and I have been working like crazy around the house doing Spring cleaning. He even took off work yesterday to clean out the garage and work on the yard while I've photographed items from my abyss of a closet so we can take them to Goodwill...things we simply have not had time for between full-time jobs, a side photography business, and a little girl.


Meanwhile, Evie has been sleeping on her side most the time lately (We put her in the crib on her back, but she turns on her side herself) and a couple of times we've found her turned all the way onto her tummy. Good job, Evie! She is starting to laugh for reasons other than being tickled. In fact, I've begun the habit of reading to her as I nurse her. For the first feeding, it's my daily Bible reading...sometimes on "Spanish Days" I even read it in Spanish (It's good for me to learn that Mephibosheth in Spanish is "Mefiboset," right?). For later feedings I've been reading her fairy tales or nursery rhymes. Well, today, I was doing the voice of Goldilocks, and Evie laughed! It was really cute.


I've got to appease the Grandmas so here are a couple of shots...

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I read to Katherine for awhile as we nursed but it is hard to do now. You have seen the gymnastics she does while nursing! She also tried to grab the book or magazine from me. Now if I try to multitask I either watch TV, talk on the phone or sit at the computer.

The Robertson Clan said...

I usually take the time during nursing to half sleep! You go girl with the reading!

Lucas has JUST started to laugh for other reasons too. I have only gotten him to laugh once, but of course, Dave can get him to laugh more than I can!