An alternate name for this post could be "You Might Be a Redneck If..."
...you take your baby to church in just a diaper! Yes, we really did this. I hang my head in shame and embarrassment! ;oP It was quite innocent really. Evie spit up all over her outfit she was wearing and Richard was going to change her diaper. I told him he could just leave her in her diaper and swaddle her and I'd get something else out for her to wear after I finished getting ready myself. Well, I, umm, kind of forgot that I had said that and since she was already swaddled I asked Richard to put her in the carseat (We have a swaddle that has a slit in the back so you can put the baby in a swing or a carseat without undoing the swaddle). So, basically, he thought I had dressed her at some point and I thought he had. She fussed during church so I went to nurse her in the nursing mothers' room and discovered she was a nekkid baby with just a diaper. Oh my! Well, I'm sure we'll do worse at some point to embarrass our poor little girl! It was really funny though!
2 comments:
Good think Katherine had an extra onesie for lunch. You guys really do need to watch out, nekidness at church is not a good thing.
One year Kevin was working Christmas Eve and I took the 5 little ones to Candlelight Service. Hannah was a new baby, and my hands were pretty full. As we were getting out of the car Holly said she didn't have her shoe so I told her to put it on. She said,"but it's at home". At this point I just hauled them all into church, minus a shoe on one little girl's foot. Love, Donna
Post a Comment