Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ode to Consignment Sales

Evie and I just got back from a giant consignment sale (The Divine Consign). We went with Kathy and her son, Sammy, and Christy and her daughter, Katherine. It was "Half Off" day so the good deals were even better. I got a bundle of cute clothes for her to wear this summer for only 40 bucks! They had lots of Baby Gap stuff, although that tended to stay full price (consignors had the option of keeping their items at full price). One of the outfits I bought still had the tags on and was only $4. I didn't find the Baby Bjorn Active carrier that I was looking for, so I'll have to look at the next consignment sale for that one. Shopping for Evie is very fun and VERY dangerous--I could go crazy buying cute clothes for the girl, so these consignment sales are going to be a lifesaver (not to mention a budget-saver!) ;o)

2 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

I love the consignment sales! I went to 2 today. I bought you the tiny diner placement you were looking for. It was only $2.50!

Rich and Jen said...

Thank you! I need to remember to pay you back for that! I hope you are having fun in Cali. :o)