Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Evie and Daddy

*Catching up time:  I'm catching up on lots of blog posts.   Later I will go in and change dates to get them in the appropriate order, but for now I can't stand to put the work in and then have the posts get lost in the shuffle and go unnoticed by Evie's "fans." ;o)  So, enjoy what we've been up to these last several months...

Evie LOVES her daddy!!  She's becoming quite the daddy's girl, especially since I've been limited in how much I can pick her up.  I've developed a "cheater method" for getting her into my lap (Don't tell my doctor, cuz technically I'm still lifting, but I think this takes some of the pressure off, but I mean, REALLY, how can I not pick up my girl to cuddle!?!)...I have her step on my foot, then I kick my foot up to sort of propel her off the ground and into my lap.  But I digress...she is really a daddy's girl!!  And her daddy sure does love her back!  I'm so thankful to have a wonderful husband who is also a magnificent dad!!


Evie reading books with Daddy:

Piano time:


Getting ready for church...Since Richard is into different kinds of knots, he's actually MUCH better than I am at tying nice bows on Evie's dresses so they'll stay tied and lay straight, so that has become his official job.  I love their method:  Evie stands on the changing table, turns her back, and grabs the wall for stability while Daddy fixes up her bow.  So cute!  (By the way, this is another one of my mom's smocking creations.  It has adorable beaded and embroidered cupcakes on the front)

I'm not quite sure why Evie is eating in the recliner, but I have a feeling she was under the weather that day and this was Richard's best way of getting her to eat.  Don't they look cozy?!




No comments: