Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Relaxing Weekend at the Lakehouse

Several weeks ago (yes, I'm behind on this blog!) sweet friends of ours from church allowed us to stay at their lakehouse. It is less than 2 hours from Dallas, but you'd never guess it by the beautiful scenery. After the past several stressful months it was SO wonderful to get away by ourselves for a while. My mom and dad kept Evie for us (thanks, Mama and Dad!). We got to read, relax, eat yummy food, go for walks, look at birds (We saw our first Painted Bunting! They are such beautiful birds and I'd always wanted to see one). It was fabulous! On Sunday I actually woke up at 10:45!! Ten forty-five!!! I couldn't believe I was even capable of sleeping so late anymore. I was a little upset that I had wasted so many hours of the day, but Richard said I needed the rest. And I'm sure he was right.


In the front yard, with the lake and cliffs behind us

Sitting on the porch



Our view from the porch



Going on a walk with thistle in the foreground


Ahhh, what a fun weekend with my sweet boy!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Justin Wallraven said...

OK. It's official...Gladice and I need to start making wealthier friends. ;)

Glad you guys had fun and got some rest.

Honeycutt Family said...

Ahhhhh....

Kim Hill said...

Oh, that is too funny to see your photos of you at my mom and dad's house and then to see the Wallraven comment about the wealthy friends! I am laughing hard!!! Hee hee. And am so looking forward to spending time there soon. Great stuff!!