
I just finished a book that I would normally have never read (but I'm in a book club that is good about switching up genres). It is "A Quiet Strength," the autobiography of Tony Dungy. He is the first African-American coach to win a Super Bowl. He is also a wonderful, solid Christian. Despite the fact that this book is full of "football stuff," it really kept my interest. I thought I would give it a little endorsement here on the blog so that others could give it a try who might not normally read a "football book." Tony Dungy is really an amazing man. He has been through struggles and heartaches and has, in the process, been an incredible witness for the Lord. There's my two cents. Anyone else got a good book recommendation? Any that you wouldn't have normally picked up, but enjoyed?
1 comment:
Thanks for the book recommendation, Jen. Always love to hear about good reads out there. I have a STACK on my nightstand that I really need to dive into!
I have really been into Jodi Picoult lately--I like her style of writing. I also heard about "The Power of the Praying Parent" today and think I might pick that one up soon.
Just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl" and enjoyed it. The movie wasn't too bad either. I don't really know much about history (shame on me since I am married to a history teacher!) so it was interesting to read about Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. I googled them a lot to discern fact from fiction.
Love,
Jen
Post a Comment