Wednesday, April 23, 2008
First Sentence!
I have a feeling this is one of those things where I will announce Evie's first sentence here and then she won't do it again for several months, but we're gonna go with it...
We were supposed to go to the zoo today with our playgroup, but Evie is sick. She was really fussy at Bible study yesterday and sure enough when I checked her temp later, she had a low-grade fever. She woke up last night and her fever was a little higher, so we decided to stay home. :o(
I was supposed to pick up my friend Janna and her kids, so I called her up this morning to tell her we weren't able to go. Often as I wrap up my phone conversations, Evie says "Bye bye" (or her version of "Ba" or "Ba-ba."). I don't even have to say "Bye" myself...there must be some tone in my voice or something else that I say that clues her in...pretty funny. This time she said it again, but after I hung up she said, "Ba- Dada." (Bye, Daddy.) She said it over and over. She must have thought I was talking to her daddy (since he's probably the one I talk to on the phone most). The funny thing is, she hasn't been showing Richard much love for weeks (at least not in the sense of saying Dada). It's been Mama Mama Mama for several weeks now. But Richard is in Canada this week and since he's been gone, she's been saying Dada quite a bit. I guess she misses him as much as her mommy does!
Later in the day, I said the blessing and after I said "Amen" I said, "Can you say 'Amen,' Evie?" And she did! It was definitely "Amen." So fun!
In case you're wondering about the photo today, it is of Evie with her friend Katherine about a year ago at the Arboretum. They were so little!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Well, we didn't have to wait months for a repeat of the first sentence. I heard her say, "Bye, bye DaDa" just as Jenny was ending her phone conversation with Richard this evening. She's such a sweetie!
I hope Evie gets to feeling better really soon! It is hard having a sick baby and no hubby at home. James has been gone this week too. I am so ready for him to come home!!
Post a Comment