Monday, April 30, 2007

Worse Than a Papercut

I hate papercuts. They're such minimal pain compared to a lot of things but whenever I get one they are a shock. Like, "How could a little ol' piece of paper do THAT?!"

This afternoon I discovered (well, re-remembered) something worse than a papercut. It's the quick-of-the-fingernail cut. Yuck! I was pulling out my vitamins for the week (which I forget to take all too often) and putting them in the little daily pillbox. One of the vitamins is for DHA brain-development, etc. and it comes in those little foil packs where you puncture the foil, then pop the vitamin out. Well, I'd done all the punctures and was starting on the pops when I had a sudden pain ...in the process of punching out a vitamin, some of the plastic evidently cut into the quick of my thumbnail. Ouch! And it's so gross how you see that little bit of blood perfectly outlining the bottom of the nail.

A very random post, I know, but take it as a little warning for those of you who dutifully (or not-so-dutifully) take your vitamins! ;o)

2 comments:

Laura said...

OMG! I hate those. Yes, the blood under the nail is nasty, but worse, so hard to get cleaned out!

The Robertson Clan said...

So hate that too... SO hate that.