Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Fun Surprise

Here's a picture of me with E, Justus, and Joshua. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get James in the shot. I do have my trusty Medela Pump in Style Backpack on though...Ha! :oP

My best friend, Elizabeth (I call her "E") and her husband have planted a church in San Antonio. God started stirring their hearts in this direction 4 years ago! In their latest prayer letter they mentioned the official kickoff of their church, Vista Community Church, at an elementary school. E had surprised me by showing up to my baby shower back in October (With 2 boys and living all the way in San Antonio, I just had not expected her to be able to make it). Boy was I shocked! So, I decided to turn the tables on her. I didn't feel I could leave Evie long enough to drive there, and I couldn't manage taking her, so I decided to make a whirlwind trip via Southwest Airlines. I left Evie with Richard. It was such fun to see the look on E's face! I approached her from behind and said, "Excuse me, are you the pastor's wife?" Hee Hee! Their kickoff was a GREAT success with about 100 people attending! James (E's husband) preached a wonderful sermon on the Passover and how it relates to Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross and His resurrection. Afterward, I got to join them for barbeque. It is such a blessing to have such a special friendship that isn't lessened by distance or time apart.

No comments: