Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bed Rest "Adventures"


We had a Soda scare last week.  I started spotting Thursday morning, so I called the doctor and he told me to stay off my feet, not pick up Evie, etc.  Around 4:30 I started outright bleeding.  This was terrifying.  I really thought I was having a miscarriage, but I was amazed at how God gave me such a peace about things.  The doctor told me to come in for a sonogram the next morning and to continue to stay off my feet.  

The next morning the sonogram revealed a wriggling baby who looked as though s/he was praying! The doctor said that everything with the baby looked good, but that I have placenta previa.  This means that the placenta is too low and is covering my cervix.  This can be very bad if if continues up to delivery, but it usually corrects itself by then.  For now, it means I am more likely to have bleeding.  Thank the Lord I only had the one episode of "big" bleeding.  I am to be on bed rest until24-48 hours after all spotting stops.  Unfortunately, I keep getting to within hours of the 48 hours and then I start spotting again.  Erggg!!  Also, I called the nurse this morning and found out that I have not been doing "bed rest" right.  I thought I just had to stay off my feet, but it turns out I am actually supposed to be lying down on my side, except to use the restroom and take a shower.  So, perhaps that's why I'm still spotting.

Once I'm off bed rest, I still can't pick Evie up until the placenta previa corrects itself (which could take a while--They'll check me again on Mar. 17th).  My mom comes by to help when she gets off work from her part time job.  When she's working, Richard works from home and helps me/cares for Evie.  I'm very thankful that they are available to help out.  

Please pray that little Soda will be just fine and that I'll be able to get off bed rest soon.  I gave up Facebook for Lent, which seems to have replaced email as a means of communication.  What timing! :o)  Also please pray for Richard's sanity as he wears so many hats in the coming weeks or months: husband, father, career man, nurse, maid, cook, etc!!  He and my mom have been absolutely awesome!

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

Praising God with you about the health of baby Soda!!!!! :)