Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Soda Update

We saw Dr. E today and Soda is looking good.  Unfortunately, the placenta previa is still hanging on, so I am still not allowed to pick up Evie and I have to continue to "take it easy."  There has definitely been movement in the right direction though, which is great news.  He believes it will have corrected itself by our appointment next month.  

I have a "posterior placenta" this time, which means the placenta is attached toward the back. With Evie I had an "anterior placenta" (toward the front--more rare) which meant that I couldn't feel as many of her kicks because the placenta was in the way.  So, I'm pretty glad it's posterior this time cuz I can't wait to feel those kicks! I have thought I felt flutters a couple of times, but not enough to be *sure.*  Dr. E made a prediction as to the sex of the baby, but of course it is still pretty early to tell.  We are going to keep his prediction to ourselves and after the 18 week sonogram (on April 13th) we will announce the sex...so check back! (although I enjoy harrassing my mom by saying that perhaps we'll go ahead and keep that information to ourselves).  I'm cruel, I know. ;o)  As always, we thank you all so much for your prayers for us!  We told Dr. E that we had been praying about the placenta previa and he said that is great because God is definitely in the business of answering prayers.  We are so thankful to have a Christian doctor!!

I have really gotten big!!  I am still 9 pounds down from my starting pregnancy weight but my belly seems much too big for 14 weeks!  I'll have to get pictures and post them soon.  With Evie, soon after I started showing, Richard took belly shots EVERY SINGLE DAY!  He was going to create one of those time lapse shots where they quickly pop up the photos so you can see the belly growing.  But, life happened, and he didn't get around to it.  It was a great record though...I recently looked at those and marveled at how HUGE my belly was by the end...And marked with HORRIBLE stretch marks!  They were so bad that my last OB actually commented on them ("Oh, your poor stretch marks!") and you know she sees a lot of preggy bellies every day.  Unfortunately, they are genetic, and Dr. E says none of those belly creams will do any good.  Oh well.  They faded with time, and they are marks of the great blessings that God has given us.  Well worth it, I say!  

2 comments:

Katie said...

Loved Evie's comments about your daily activities these days!

To answer your questions from my blog, the original Trail Dust up on 380 doesn't have a slide. The only have 2 other franchise stores left - one in Arlington & one in Denver. So sad!

Jaime and Will said...

It's a strange coincidence, but I have a marginal/partial placenta previa too, but thankfully I haven't had any bleeding. I hope Soda continues to thrive and that you'll get the green light to pick up Evie again soon!

Jaime