Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby Soda on the Way

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Evie's Baby brother or sister is on the way. In keeping with the Seinfeld theme (remember we called Evie, "Seven" while in my tummy), this baby will be "Soda."
Here's a clip from the script of this Seinfeld episode, called "The Seven..." (George and his fiance, Susan, are sitting down to dinner with a couple who are expecting a baby girl...)

SUSAN: So, have you picked out a name yet?

CARRIE: Well, we've narrowed it down to a few. We like Kimberley.

SUSAN: Aww.

GEORGE: (negative) Hu-ho, boy.

KEN: You don't like Kimberley?

GEORGE: Ech. What else you got?

KEN: How about Joan?

GEORGE: Aw c'mon, I'm eating here.

SUSAN: (warning) George!

CARRIE: Pamela?

GEORGE: Pamela?! Awright, I tell you what. You look like nice people,

I'm gonna help you out. You want a beautiful name? Soda.

KEN: What?

GEORGE: Soda. S-O-D-A. Soda.

CARRIE: I don't know, it sounds a little strange.

GEORGE: All names sound strange the first time you hear 'em. What, you

Telling me people loved the name Blanche the first time they heard it?

KEN: Yeah, but uh... Soda?

GEORGE: Yeah, that's right. It's working.

CARRIE: We'll put it on the list.

GEORGE: I solve problems. That's just what I do.


[George's Car]

George and Susan, heading home from the restaurant. George is happy,

smiling and whistling.

GEORGE: I think they really went for that Soda.

SUSAN: What, are you crazy? They hated it. They were just humouring

you.

GEORGE: Ah, alright. Believe me, that kid's gonna be called Soda.

SUSAN: I can tell you, I would never name my child Soda.

GEORGE: Oh, no no no. Course not. I got a great name for our kids. A

Real original. You wanna hear what it is? Huh, you ready?

SUSAN: Yeah.

George uses his finger to draw a number 7 in the air, accompanying the

Strokes of his digit with a two-tone whistle.

SUSAN: What is that? Sign language?

GEORGE: No, Seven.

SUSAN: Seven Costanza? You're serious?

GEORGE: Yeah. It's a beautiful name for a boy or a girl...

Susan scoffs.

GEORGE: ...especially a girl. Or a boy.

SUSAN: I don't think so.

GEORGE: What, you don't like the name?

SUSAN: It's not a name. It's a number.

GEORGE: I know. It's Mickey Mantle's number. So not only is it an all

Around beautiful name, it is also a living tribute.

SUSAN: It's awful. I hate it!

GEORGE: (angry) Well, that's the name!

SUSAN: (also angry) Oh no it is not! No child of mine is ever going to

be named Seven!

GEORGE: (yelling) Awright, let's just stay calm here! Don't get all

crazy on me!


Later George gets angry cuz the couple that hated "Soda" as a name hear about "Seven" from Susan, love it, and decide that's the name for their daughter. So there you go, Seven and Soda.

Soda is due September 15th. I am feeling pretty sick. Headaches, nausea, exhaustion, etc. Very different from my pregnancy with Evie, which was very easy. More later!

4 comments:

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Yea! I am the first to comment and give you public congratulations. I am so glad you are out of the closet and I no longer have to keep my secret. We are so excited for Soda's arrival.

Misty said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so sorry the first part has been yuck for you. I hope the sickness will lift soon. How exciting!

Katie said...

YEA!!!!! That's such exciting news! Hope you feel better the rest of your pregnancy.

The Hyde's said...

Jen, you're hilarious!!! Baby Soda or Seven. Praying for you.