Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick Blips

Oh, things have been so busy lately! We just got back from a wonderful visit with family in North Carolina--Richard's sister, Ruthie, and her hubby and 4 kiddos live in Durham. I have so much to blog about. We have been battling colds for about 2 months now! One of us will get over it and pass it on to another member of the family, back and forth, back and forth. I am sick and tired of us being sick and tired! Now we are pretty much well cold-wise, but Richard seems to have a case of sciatica (pinched sciatic nerve). His pain is excruciating and he can't walk without help. Poor guy! So, my point is, I haven't been on the computer near as much lately so I'm way behind as usual on the blog. Oh, well.

Here's something that I found via my friend, Rachel's, blog. I've only read the first two, but they are very good (and convicting)...It's about how you can do sweet things for your hubby and it's written by various women who've been married 20+ years. Hubbies (including mine!), no fair looking at this...you might ruin some surprises we have in store for you!

http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/2008/10/doing-your-hu-1.html


Here's a sneak preview of Evie in her Halloween costume at the pumpkin patch. I imagined she would be a princess or something this year, but we cruised through Wal-Mart one day and when I showed her this Elmo costume she kept saying, "Mo Mo! Mo Mo!" so I figured she preferred to be Elmo. I think I'm gonna stick a big bow on the Elmo head so people won't keep saying "He" to her. They probably still will, but at least I'll try to make the costume more girly. I polled a couple of friends and they didn't think Elmo was a boys-only costume. My friend Christy thought he was "without gender." We'll go with that. :o)

2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

ELMO is definitely not 'gender specific'. Grace was a tiger her first year and people couldn't tell if she was a boy or a girl. Last year she was an Indian Princess, so she looked girly, but this year she is Tigger (definitely more of a 'boy' costume, but she loves it).

I haven't checked out the site yet, but plan to later....thanks for sharing...

Jan Good said...

You could always just say she's "Elma" instead of Elmo! HA! I think your idea of the bow is great. I agree with Christi...I never thought of Elmo as being a boy OR a girl...just a friendly "critter."