Monday, March 31, 2008

Precious Prayers (and Pray-ers!)

I have been so blessed and so humbled by the prayers and well-wishes of our friends and family during these trials with Evie. It is just amazing! I type out (or tell about) what's going on and people actually thank me for keeping them posted! I know I appreciate being kept up on what's going on in friends' lives, but when I am on the receiving end it is so humbling! And it blesses my heart. I think of the Bible where it talks about Mary watching her Son (and her Saviour!) grow up and how she treasured those things up in her heart. I have always been so curious about that verse. What exactly does it mean? I think I have a tiny taste of it. I just finished copy/pasting emails into a document; they are full of well-wishes and prayers and questions and comforting words. I put them into a document so I could treasure in my heart this outpouring of love for Richard, myself, and Evie. It was 5pages worth and I'm sure I missed some going through my inbox and that doesn't even count the prayers of those who keep up with us through the blog or who I spoke to or called. Wow!

So, let me take a moment to say two words that cannot come close to expressing what is in my heart: THANK YOU!!!

That said, here is an email I sent out earlier with the latest (and for those who didn't receive it in an email, I apologize. I am limited to about 10 people that I can send an email to at a time (a glitch that I need to get figured out but just don't have the time to mess with right now) so I depend a lot on this blog to get info out. Here's the email:

We got back home about an hour ago from Evie’s MRI. I think it went really smoothly (aside from having to wait longer than expected, which by now I should have learned to expect). The anesthesiologist was very nice and allowed me to hold Evie’s mask (They used gas to put her to sleep) and hand. We were impressed because he seemed to know at exactly what point she would be out because he told me I could lift her mask and give her a kiss (at this point she was out of it but with open eyes) then she was out right after that. So I got to kiss her right before she drifted off. She was a little fussy and “out of it” in recovery but nothing out of the ordinary. She threw up in the car on the way home (sorry for the TMI) and again at home after a bottle. They said if she throws up more than twice to call the doctor about it, but she seems back to her normal self again now, so I don’t anticipate problems. We are going to lay low here for the rest of the day because we are both pretty tired. (But poor Richard has to go to work, so pray for a smooth day for him).

I think we should be able to get the MRI report on Wednesday but these things always seem to take longer than what they say, so we’ll see. The genetic/chromosome report won’t be back for 4-6 weeks…It’s evidently pretty technical and complicated.

THANK YOU for your prayers! We appreciate them so much!!! I’ll keep you posted as I hear more.

Love,

Jen, Richard & Evie

1 comment:

Honeycutt Family said...

You and Richard are both so strong!

I'm glad that Monday went fairly smoothly and will be anxious to hear what all of the results reveal...