You've heard of Rocks in my Dryer. Well, I think I should start a new blog entitled "Snot on My Sweater." It's quite appropriate. This week, "Puke on My Sweater" would have been equally appropriate, but it doesn't have the alliteration and, let's face it, it's pushing the envelope on gross, don't you think? Just a few minutes ago, I noticed some snot on my sweater from where our little girl was hugging me/using me for a Kleenex, and I thought, "Ah, that's nothin' compared to the last several days!"
We've all had a "tummy bug." Isn't that so much nicer than saying, "We've all had various versions of Puking and Diarreahing??!" Sorry. Once you've been thrown up on twice in two days (and done your own hugging of the Throne) all skittishness goes out the window. I think we are starting to get over it. Thank you, Lord! (and in the same breath I say, "Please let it be true, Lord!")
Back to the SOMS blog...Isn't that an appropriate summation of a mommy's (and daddy's) life some days? I swear there are times when I look at what I have on and think, "Where did that come from?!" (That smudge, that snot, that stain, that lack of fashion--okay, I never was a great fashion girl, but you know what I mean)
And since I'm already going nuts with the random thoughts in this post, can I just make a complaint? Have you noticed that in this great technological age, we have not made our lives any easier at all. Now, not only do I need to organize my kitchen, my closet, my little girl's toys, etc, but I now need to organize my digital pictures, my emails, etc. Today I have been working on reducing my 1,000+ emails in my inbox to my goal of 100. Ay Ay Ay!!!
I better go. My inbox is still at 784 items.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
With Caroline I have constant "Snot on My Shirt". There is always a white spot on my left shoulder. There are days I go to bed and smell like spit up. Joy! I hope you all really are better. Katherine and I have been praying for you all every day.
Jen,
I LOVE when you go off. I can just hear your voice when I read this! I love you my friend!
And yes I remembered my password!
So hilarious!!! I also have a constant spot on my right shoulder. A friend of mine calls our lives right now, the oatmeal phase-b/c we're always covered with some mysterious blob. Love the post!
Post a Comment