We have all been sick with various forms of a tummy bug this week. Not fun. I had to brag on our sweet girl though...I had thought that Evie was just about over it (emphasis on thought...as you'll see later in the post, I was wrong). I on the other hand, was really tired this morning, so I shut all doors leading to other parts of the house and let Evie play in the living room (which doubles as a play room since her kitchen is in there). She played and I lay down on the couch to rest. (By the way, I really don't know if this was the "right"thing to do, but I don't know what to do when you don't feel good and need to rest but can't take the day off. For what it's worth, I really think our living room is pretty well kid-proofed and I know I didn't fall completely asleep. There. Disclaimer finished.) Anyway, I drifted in and out to the sounds of her playing and at one point I felt her patting me and when I opened my eyes she was standing right beside the couch with her upper body leaned over me (basically laying on me with her upper body) and patting on me. What a precious girl!! I asked if she wanted to lie down with mommy and I got her "Mm-mm!" response which is her enthusiastic version of yes, which we love. So we rested together on the couch.
Later, needing to get out of the house, we met my mom at El Fenix. Here's where I realized that Evie was not better yet. We got about halfway through the meal and she was eating more than she has the last several meals. Then she started coughing. Uh-oh. This was my warning so I got my napkin ready. Sure enough, she threw up all of her lunch (and breakfast too, by the look of it--sorry). I quickly covered it with my fabric napkin and I think I managed to do it quickly enough so none of the other customers noticed. At least I didn't see any horrified stares. I was certainly finished with my lunch at that point though. So now Evie is napping. I should probably go do the same.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh No! The question is, did you tell the server that the napkin was loaded?
Post a Comment