Some friends and I went to a place called Amazing Jakes (similar to Chuck E. Cheese, but with mini golf and more rides). Evie and I were hanging out in the toddler area and I can't remember if I was holding her by one hand or if I had both of her hands, but suddenly she was standing all by herself!! She had to have stood there for well over a minute...I had time for it to sink in that she was actually standing by herself, walk over to the stroller which was about 5 feet away, grab my camera, take it out of the case, take two photos, then switch to video mode so I could take video. In the video you can hear me saying something about her doing a great job standing (and can I just apologize now for my squeaky voice yelling "Evie, Evie!"...I really don't like my voice on these videos!) and shortly after I said "standing" the spell is broken, she's down, and she's crying. She didn't get hurt as she went down, she's just not very gutsy. I'm afraid she's a bit of a chicken like her mommy when it comes to physical stuff (I'm a horrible skier, can't rollerblade unless I'm on totally flat ground, etc. Sorry, Evie girl!) After that I couldn't even get her to crawl. She wanted me to hold her constantly and kept fussing. It was as if she thought I had betrayed her by letting her stand all by herself. What a funny little drama queen!! :o)
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Oh My Goodness!
Some friends and I went to a place called Amazing Jakes (similar to Chuck E. Cheese, but with mini golf and more rides). Evie and I were hanging out in the toddler area and I can't remember if I was holding her by one hand or if I had both of her hands, but suddenly she was standing all by herself!! She had to have stood there for well over a minute...I had time for it to sink in that she was actually standing by herself, walk over to the stroller which was about 5 feet away, grab my camera, take it out of the case, take two photos, then switch to video mode so I could take video. In the video you can hear me saying something about her doing a great job standing (and can I just apologize now for my squeaky voice yelling "Evie, Evie!"...I really don't like my voice on these videos!) and shortly after I said "standing" the spell is broken, she's down, and she's crying. She didn't get hurt as she went down, she's just not very gutsy. I'm afraid she's a bit of a chicken like her mommy when it comes to physical stuff (I'm a horrible skier, can't rollerblade unless I'm on totally flat ground, etc. Sorry, Evie girl!) After that I couldn't even get her to crawl. She wanted me to hold her constantly and kept fussing. It was as if she thought I had betrayed her by letting her stand all by herself. What a funny little drama queen!! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so proud of Evie! It really is funny that she decided to fall down as soon as you told her she was standing. She needs some of her daddy's bravery.
Way to go Evie!! Great job!
Go Evie Go Evie get your Stand on! Such greatness. You had your Big girl panties on!!!
We'll get some guts in you Jen, I'll rub off some on you!
Congratulations Evie! That was so fun to watch!
WOO HOO!!!!! GO EVIE!!!!! :)
Post a Comment