Saturday, August 9, 2008

Meeting a Blogging Buddy

Mother flew out of Denver Sunday morning and Richard, Evie and I stayed on in Denver. I got to meet a blogging buddy IRL (In Real Life). Her name is Jen. Her husband, Matt, and I were friends in college and after their daughter was born, Jen started a blog. I got to know her through the blog and we have commented back and forth on each other's blogs and emailed a bit for over a year now. They live in the Denver area so we arranged to get together and they graciously offered for us to stay with them Sunday night. After dropping Mother off at the airport, we met up with them at the Denver Zoo. After the zoo we headed to their place and got to spend some great time chatting, playing games (They stomped us, but we are SO gonna have a rematch someday!), eating out on their beautiful deck, and watching Evie and their sweet daughter, Grace, play.

Grace sharing her wagon with Evie...
Jen and I with the girls on the train...
Look who got worn out by the end--surprise, surprise! (I think Evie likes sleep almost as much as her mommy does)
Hanging out in Matt & Jen's beautiful backyard. In this picture you can see Grace picking up a ducky for Evie. Evie was enjoying playing the "Drop it and see if they will pick it up" game and Grace was sweetly obliging.
Two ruffly girls at the pool...
Look how CUTE!!!
A group shot just before we took off for camping in Rocky Mountain National Park...



2 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

It was soooo fun to finally MEET you, Jen, and get to hang out with all of you! Grace loved baby Evie and still talks about going to the zoo with her! So glad it worked out. Y'all are always welcome to stay with us whenever you are out west.

Yes, we would LOVE a re-match of Clue or Trivial Pursuit or whatever! BRING IT, WALKER'S! :)

Elizabeth said...

Very cute pics. It just makes it all the more real how old we are when I see you and Honeycutt with kids! Wow!