Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Smiles & Shots (not related!)


Since I posted an earlier picture with a small smile, I wanted to post another picture of a full-out smile. Oh my goodness, I love looking at our little girl's smile!! It's crooked and shows off her cute dimples and she kind of squints one eye in a little wink. Love it, love it!! :o)


On a non-smiley note...Today was Evie's 2-month check up so she got 3 shots and one oral vaccine. She was already kind of fussy in the office, so getting 3 shots in the thighs wasn't helping any, let me tell you! BTW...thighs!? Who knew? I assumed she'd get them in the rear. Of course, her cute little bo-hiny (sp??) doesn't have much fat to speak of so maybe thighs are better anyway.

She really bled a lot for one of the shots, which I wasn't expecting. I think we did okay though. Richard went with me and he said he didn't cry (Are you sure, Hubsley?). ;o) I was holding Evie's little arms and kissing her and doing Dr. Harvey Karp's "SSShhhh" trick to try to help calm her. When I saw the blood I couldn't help but tear up. She's been pretty sleepy since then and as soon as she wakes she's fussy. Poor li'l girl!

4 comments:

Honeycutt Family said...

PRECIOUS PIC!
The shots are sooooo hard! Just wait--Grace is starting to remember the doctor's office now and screams when we go in there even if it is just for a check-up with no shots. Poor thing!

Rich and Jen said...

Hmmm...my first response didn't go through. Anyway, I'm amazed that little ones can make those associations so quickly. I don't look forward to Evie thinking of it as "the shot place." :o(

Christy@pipandsqueak said...

Did you have Katherine give the shot? When she is our nurse, my Katherine does not cry at all so make sure you ask for her next time.

Rich and Jen said...

Shoot! I forgot to ask for her! This woman had short, blondish (i think) very "coiffed" hair, if that makes sense. Kind of heavy-set.