Today I decided to pack Evie into the Baby Bjorn that Laura let me try out (it's absolutely fabulous!!!). It is a gorgeous Spring-like day and I just had to get out in it and get some much-needed exercise. So, we headed to our neighborhood pond to see the swans and ducks. The swans greeted us by sticking their rear-ends straight into the air as, I assume, they rummaged for good grub below. Pretty funny looking! :o) Evie and I spotted robins, squirrels, doves, and my current favorite bird: the cedar wax-wing. After that we decided (Evie was absolutely insistent--ha!) to walk to our park...since Richard and I enjoy the pond so much (it's amazing how much wildlife you can spot right in the city!), we rarely visit the park that sits in the middle of our neighborhood. I got to look at it through "Mommy Eyes" and saw that it has several swings that Evie can potentially use before too terribly long. One is an actual baby swing that she could use in a few months. I also noticed that the pool has what looks to be a section only inches deep that I could take Evie to splash in. Fun, fun! I can hardly wait until summer!
Aside from the fact that Richard was out of town on business and couldn't join us, it was a perfect excursion. Well, I better go...the Bjorn is great when I'm on the move, but once I'm stationary, it loses its luster with Miss Evangeline. She's ready to be free! Who can blame her?
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment