Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Growing Girl!


Oh, Evie, you are growing so much! You no longer look like a baby; you are our little girl! We have been so pleased with all the progress you are making! You are so much more confident in your walking and are even moving toward trying to run. We have changed your therapy from ECI to private therapy and have been SO pleased! Right now you are working on stepping over objects, stepping up and down a single step left foot first, using rails on a staircase, kicking a ball, throwing a ball, and more. It is wonderful to see you working on obvious skills at every session, and the goals this center has laid out for you are so specific--I love it!!

***As a side note, please pray that insurance will pay for this therapy since at this point they are only allowing us to have 60 sessions for the year (of which we've used quite a few already!). We are trusting that God will work this out as we go through the appeal process with insurance. I have been on the phone with them a lot lately and I think we have found a supervisor who will help us. So far she has been wonderful! It turns out that the insurance company had no record of Evie's stroke so in their eyes, there was no reason for her to have OT, PT, or Speech. (How they could not have been aware of this after the MRI, visits to practically every doctor known to man as well as regular visits to a developmental pediatrician, I have no idea! What did they think they were paying for?!) Now records have been faxed over from her developmental pediatrician and the appeal process has begun. I believe the Lord has been at work in this and am confident that things will work our for her to get all the therapy she needs, but it is a little scary because if this doesn't work out then the cost PER SESSION (and she will probably need 5-6 sessions a week) would be $90!!! We certainly can't pay $450+ a week for therapy!! But I would be so sad to have to leave her current spot because it has proven to be a TON better than ECI was and other private therapy spots that I checked out weren't in network at all, so they would be even more costly. We appreciate your prayers for this to all get worked out in our favor, but above all, that God's will would be done and that He would be glorified.

Here are some shots of our BIG girl:











Oh, how I love your laugh, sweet girl!!


No comments: