Monday, June 23, 2008

Bubble Blowing and Camera Shooting


I'm not sure if this shot is out of focus in the eyes or if Evie's glasses are smudged (a constant battle keeping her little hands off them), but I LOVE this shot!

Evie has been so much fun lately!! I can almost see the little wheels turning in her head as she discovers new things. She recently learned how to blow so we've been blowing bubbles lately. Tonight I decided to pull out her bubbles after dinner. I didn't make a big deal out of it; I just put them on the table. I wasn't sure she would even notice them, but suddenly her little mouth was blowing and blowing and she said, "Buh buh!" (Bubbles!) So, we spent several minutes blowing bubbles. We both had a blast!

As a side note, I found some really great bubbles for kiddos in the impulse buy section of Babies R Us (by the cash registers). They are called Little Kids Squeeze 'n Blow Pop-Up Bubbles. (mouse over for link) They are fabulous because you just open the top and squeeze on the bubble container and the wand (which is upside-down so the part you blow on is on top) pops out the top so you don't have to dig your fingers into the slimy solution to get the wand out. Then when you loosen your squeeze on the container, the wand falls back into the solution and "reloads." The only drawback is that you have to refill the bubbles fairly quickly since, once the bubble solution level drops below the wand top you obviously can't blow bubbles. But, I'd much rather do that than continually be toweling off that slimy solution. I'll try to get a video or photo of Evie blowing bubbles later. I didn't have my camera handy.

Speaking of cameras, a couple of weeks ago my sweet husband gave me an early birthday present: a Canon G9 camera--He gave it to me early so I could use it in DC. I had wanted a small but high quality point and shoot camera so I would have it handy more often (I had another one but it was too slow and Evie would often have her eyes closed by the time it took the shot). Anyway, I love this camera! It has bells and whistles, but the auto mode takes great pics. One "bell" it has which I didn't know I would use so much is a built-in video camera. It works great and is so much handier than a regular video camera. Both the piano video and the snort video that I posted recently were taken with this camera. Not too bad, I say! Thank you, my sweet boy for this wonderful birthday gift! :o)

1 comment: